Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Left 4 Dead 2 Versus

Just wanted to rant about how awesome versus is. Not multiplayer versus, but versus with bots. I swear, all day yesterday I was playing it.

It's really epic. When you're playing as the survivors (mind you the respawn time for the infected team is much faster in vs. against bots) it's a battle to the death, but it's not frustrating because you're playing against bots. It's just epic. I find that I personally get really pissed while playing multiplayer versus (except when playing with friends, but that doesn't happen often) because people tend to be really smug about it. They'll pounce you and incapacitate you then come over the voice and go "HA, HA, SUCKER" And you just want to punch them in the face. Also my gaming abilities suffer a strange decrease in quality when I play with other people. Maybe because I'm trying to impress...? In this mode though it's basically single player with twice as many special infected.

Then when you get to PLAY as the special infected, the survivors are just as difficult (at least when you're in line of sight), but they're just easy enough sometimes that there's less frustration of spawning then immediately dying. It helps that the respawn time is half the length as well.

Let me tell you, as the survivors we got pwned a whole lot. Even though the bot special infected are pretty stupid there's a lot of them. So you might be shooting at a stupid fleeing smoker, but then you're not paying attention and get charged, shoot that down and get huntered, get away and go a few feet then get jockeyed. It's absolutely crazy, but in a fun way. It's not irritating. In fact, since I didn't find it that competitive, I found myself actually rooting for both teams at the same time. We'd be getting destroyed by the infected and I'd just sit back and laugh and think "wow, they're killing us bad." Or when I'm infected and the survivors are doing very well at getting through the level.

But man, when I got to be the tank, they went DOWN.

No comments:

Post a Comment